Monday, July 9, 2012

Canada Tag

After a spectacular Canada Day last year (I climbed through a garden at the university to find and hug a maple tree and taught some friends to sing O Canada - a year later, they only remember the first two words and insist on singing them to the tune of O Tannenbaum), I decided to step things up with a red and white (Canadaaaaa!) wine party this year.


 Michi baked this cool cake!


 Some of us got maple leaf tattoos!


And some of us encouraged minors to drink, which I do not
condone and neither does Canada.

I also, of course, tied myself in knots trying to explain what exactly Canada Day celebrates. "Well, the signing of the British North America Act, of course. Well no, we still weren't really a country. Well no, the constitution happened a lot later. Well no, but it kind of made Canada a "thing", you know? Just have some more wine. MAPLE SYRUP."

No comments:

Post a Comment