Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just trying to help

Today, in "Facts About Germany You Did Not Ask For and Will Never Use": the whole country is obsessed with Kleenex. And not the boxes, but the little pocket-sized packages. It's a statistical fact that at any given time, 88% of Germans have a pack of Kleenex on their person. DO NOT LOOK THAT UP JUST ACCEPT IT.

A brand named Tempo dominates the German market in "facial tissues" (gross, by the way), much like Kleenex in North America. This is probably not a terribly important fact for you, but it is an expository fact for the following anecdote: Once, at an outdoor music festival (where it's loud, yo), the girl in front of me in line for the bathroom asked me if I had a Tempo and then looked at me like some sort of weirdo when I triumphantly pulled a tampon out of my bag. In my defense, if life was a game of Family Feud and the category was "things a woman might ask for in line for the bathroom", my answer would be number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment