Monday, May 14, 2012

Addition

If I told you I liked Germany because of the Packstationen (What's a Packstation, you ask? Patience...), you might call me weird (or unique, if you were trying to be nice). But it's one of many little things I like about Germany, and those little things add up.

So, a Packstation is an ingenious mail-delivery device. If you're not home when your package is delivered, you get a delivery slip which directs you to a Packstation (on a street-corner near you), which looks like this:


Actually, usually they're a lot yellower. This one is an anomaly. There, you type in your number and sign your name on the touch screen and then a little door pops open and you get your package. Like this:


And then you're all like this:


I don't actually get to use the Packstationen anymore, because I live over a lovely shop where the owners accept my packages and smile at me when I go to pick them up. But they exist and that's enough.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT. THAT'S AMAZING.

    I want one. I WANT THEM ALL.

    ReplyDelete